Industry: Logistics & Transportation
Deal Type: M&A
Closing Date: 2011
DHL Supply Chain Italy, a company of Deutsche Post, has acquired the entire share capital of EuroDiFarm Srl from Wise Sgr.
EuroDiFarm Srl (www.eurodifarm.it) is the leading company in Italy for temperature controlled logistic distribution of pharmaceutical, diagnostic and biomedical products with headquarters in Casalmaiocco (Milan). It offers specialized logistic solutions to ensure a capillary and effective distribution of delicate pharmaceuticals.
DHL Supply Chain Italy (www.dhl.it) is part of DHL Group, a world leading logistics group operating in more than 220 countries and territories across the globe and specialized in supply chain solutions for customers of all sizes.
Wise Sgr (www.wisesgr.it) specializes in the management of Private Equity closed-end funds investing in small and medium sized companies, with a special focus on Italy.
Role of Lyra:
Lyra Partners acted as financial advisor to DHL Supply Chain Italy.
Tasks of Lyra included:
- Market scouting aimed to identify investment opportunities for DHL in Italy
- Assistance in the selection of best targets
- Approach to selected targets and potential sellers
- Assistance in the negotiation of the transaction up to the closing
- Coordination of due diligence activities
- Assistance in the preparation of presentations for DHL’s decision-making bodies