Industry: Energy & Utilities
Deal Type: M&A
Closing Date: 2010
A2A Group has sold th entire share capital of Retrasm Srl to Terna Spa.
Retrasm (Reti Trasmissione Energia Elettrica ASM) operates in the electricity transmission and owns a portion of the National Transmission Network.
A2A (www.a2a.it) is the largest Italian multi-utility company, listed on the Italian Stock Exchange and established in 2008 from the merger of Aem Milano, Asm Brescia, AMSA and Ecodeco. With more than 12 thousand employees, it is the second-largest domestic producer of energy, the second largest Italian operator of electricity distribution networks and the national largest supplier of environmental services.
Terna (www.terna.it) is the national electricity transmission system operator (TSO) and is responsible for high voltage electricity transmission and dispatching throughout the Italian territory. It is one of the key players in Europe in terms of kilometers of electricity lines managed.
Role of Lyra:
Lyra Partners acted as financial advisor to A2A Group
Tasks of Lyra included:
- Assistance in the preparation of the company’s business plan and information memorandum
- Assistance in the selection and contact of potential investors
- Assistance in defining the structure and the terms of transaction
- Assistance in the negotiation of the transaction up to the closing
- Coordination of due diligence activities