Industry: Logistics & Transportation
Deal Type: M&A
Closing Date: 2015
Reefer Terminal has been acquired by APM Terminals, a company of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group
Reefer Terminal Reefer Terminal is the leading fruit terminal in the Mediterranean Sea, handling a volume of fresh produce of about 500,000 tons per year. In the port of Vado Ligure, Reefer Terminal operates reefer warehouses for a total of 24,000 sqm , equipped with 15 independent cells with controlled temperature and 4 conditioned areas, for a total storage capacity of 13,000 pallets.
APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network which includes 62 operating port and terminal facilities in 38 countries, and 135 Inland Services operations in 39 countries. The company provides port management and operations to over 60 liner shipping customers who serve the world’s leading importers and exporters of containerized and other cargoes.
Role of Lyra:
Lyra Partners acted as financial advisor to GF Group (seller)
Tasks of Lyra included:
- Assistance in the preparation of the company’s information memorandum
- Assistance in the selection and contact of potential investors for Reefer Terminal
- Assistance in defining the structure and the terms of transaction
- Assistance in the negotiation of the transaction with counterparties up to the closing
- Coordination of due diligence activities